How to create/open a new TSC TPAD Account (https://tpad2.tsc.go.ke) for the self-appraisal – Ultimate Guide
The Teacher Performance Appraisal and Development, TPAD, is a recently created performance evaluation mechanism that evaluates the performance of a teacher as per the set criteria prescribed by the teacher’s Commission.
Section 52 of the Code of Regulations for Teachers (2015) defines that the Commission
shall in administering the current performance appraisal system:-
- Require all Heads of the institution to provide oversight role in the performance assessment for the teachers in their respective institutions;
- Use a performance appraisal reports for the purpose of promotion, deployment, and other bonuses as may be prescribed from time to time.
- Identify training requirements and take corrective measures in cases of unsatisfactory performance.
- Develop and check criteria, guidelines, and tools for performance assessment from time to time which shall be accessible on the commission website or as the Commission may advise.
How to create TSC TPAD Portal
To create or open a new TPAD account is simple and easier. Follow these steps:
- Click on https://tpad2.tsc.go.ke/auth/create_account to access the new account creation portal.
- Fill in the fields shown.
- Enter your TSC Number
- Enter your ID Number
- Phone Number (eg 07xxxxxxxx)
- Email Address
- Enter Password
- Confirm Password
- Mode of NotificationSms
- Create Account
- Click on ‘Create’ Once done.
- A confirmation message is shown, and you will receive an SMS token on your mobile phone within a short time.
- Enter the OTP code received via SMS and click on ‘Verify Token.’ This completes the registration process.
Adding your Bio Data in TPAD
Next step, you need to add your level of Education and your subject combination details.
- Add your information: your Bio/ Institution Information, Contact Information, e.g., phone number, email.
- Select your ‘Subjects Combination’ and then add your teaching subjects. Select your subject combinations from the list and click on the ‘Submit’ option when done.
- Then, click on the ‘Level of Education’ to add details. Select your KCSE grade, your Highest Level of Education, and your Institution of Study. Finally, click on Submit.
ROLES OF THE TEACHERS IN THE NEW TPAD
Every teacher enrolled will be expected to do a self-appraisal in the various areas, create an appraisal option and upload the data online.
ROLES OF THE PRINCIPAL IN THE NEW TPAD
- Inducting all new teachers on TPAD
- Capture the new teachers in the TIMS system
- Activating new teachers on TPAD
- Remove outgoing teachers
The Principal also performs the following roles in TPAD.
- Provide an oversight role in the performance appraisal for all teachers
- Continuously monitor and also evaluate the appraisal process and submit termly reports
- Appraise the Deputy Principal
- Schedule the meetings for appraising the Deputy Principal
- Observing the Deputy Principal of schools
- Countersigning the officer for all the teachers in the school Arbitration
ROLES OF THE DEPUTY PRINCIPAL IN THE NEW TPAD
- Update the teacher Lesson Attendance
- Register every week
- Appraise the HODs and all teachers
- Schedule school meetings for appraising the HODs and teachers
- Observing the official HODs and teachers
- Arbitration for the teachers
NEW TPAD TEACHING STANDARDS
The new TPAD teachers tool has five standards classified into three broad categories as follows: