This post features on the roles of IEBC ICT Clerks in Kenya. ICT Clerks are one of the important election officials hired by the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) hired on a temporary basis to help in conducting general elections.
Roles Of IEBC ICT Clerks In Kenya
- To provide high-quality first-level ICT support assistance to the Returning Officer at the main tallying centre.
- Restore normal services to the users as fast as possible by fixing technical hitches, fulfilling service demands or answering queries to allow the users to work effectively.
- To schedule, configure and test KIEMS kits in readiness for the elections.
- In liaison with the IEBC CICT, provide technical support to the Presiding Officers in polling stations, Deputy Presiding Officers and clerks during elections.
- Ensure that the IEBC KIEMS kits are fully charged and functional at all times during the electioneering period.
- Perform data backup and also data restoration on KIEMS Kits.
- Participate in the basic training of Support Electoral Trainers, Presiding Officers, Deputy Presiding Officers and also Clerks.
- Perform any other tasks that the Returning Officer may assign.
Qualifications For IEBC ICT Clerks
- Must be a Kenyan citizen of high integrity and must be non-partisan.
- Must Be a holder of a minimum of Diploma qualification in an ICT field or other IT-related field.
- ICT certification such as MCSE, CCNA or an equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Must not be engaged in any other payment activity during the entire engagement period.
- Must abide by the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) codes of conduct, norms and values.
- Have at least two years of industrial experience in an ICT support in a busy environment.
- Hands-on experience and also skills in computer hardware, network and in software diagnosis.
- Should have effective communication mastery and good report writing skills.
- Must be a local of the constituency he/she is applying for the job.
- Must be available for the entire period of the election.
IEBC ICT Clerk’s Salary
IEBC ICT clerks will be paid a salary of Ksh. 1,500 per day.