NationHela is an international money transfer service which was launched a few years ago by the Nation media group and Diamond trust bank. Originally, this service was first intended to facilitate the sending of money to and from the diaspora. Still, since it is also a visa card, it has additionally been adopted for use in the payment of services and goods.
NationHela facilitates transferring money to Kenya from any part of the World, which has opened up numerous opportunities for expatriates who did not have a clear avenue for trading with Kenyans.
How to acquire a NationHela Card
The card can be easily obtained from any Diamond Trust Bank branch close to you or any Nakumatt Supermarket branch across the country. You will be required to pay a sum of ks500/= for the application of the card.
Application of NationHela Card
- You will be obliged to fill in some documents and give copies of various documents in order to get the card.
- You will need a copy of your original national ID card.
- A copy of your KRA pin (it is Optional but may be required by some banks)
- You will duly fill a registration form as guided by the professional.
- After the registration process is done, the card will be linked to your phone.
- They will then activate your card using your phone through *348# USSD
- The USSD will then prompt you to send the card number and ID, which you will input.
- You get a confirmation message from NationHela affirming that your card has been activated.
- The confirmation notification will come with a password that you should save to make payments via the internet using the NationHela platform.
After this process is complete, you will be advised to wait for up to 72 hours for the card to be fully verified and ready for use.
How to use NationHela
- NationHela can be utilized to make payments for any business that uses VISA as an option.
- NationHela can be used for multiple purposes, including:
- It will also enable all diaspora Kenyans to send money to their families in Kenya via PayPal, debit cards, and also credit cards.
- Users from around Asia and Europe can send money directly to Kenya from their accounts.
- NationHela card can be used for online payments of services and goods.