Billions of people send emails every day with the aid of email software or apps. These web services, called webmail, are huge businesses on the internet. Users can create, send, receive, and organize electronic mail as often as they want. Some of the services we mention here below are free, with the opportunity to upgrade in a bit to get premium services, while others require that users before they use their services.
In the following list, I don’t seek to organize these email software in the order of revenue that they make. Yet, you may also take note of the following:
- Information on CEOs of these companies
- The pricing of each service
- The year the services were founded
- And the revenue
First Glance of Top 9 Best Email Software in 2022
- GoDaddy Email & Office
- MDaemon Email Server
- Microsoft Exchange Online
- Zoho Mail
Take note that the following email software has interfaces that are different. You may want to check how to benefit most from the features presented therein. The formats, layout, and message appearance are likely to be different.
What to look for when choosing the best Email Software in 2022
People who are conscious of what benefits they want from email providers weigh the technological and operational aspects before they pay to use a provider. In brief, here are some of the factors you may consider when choosing an email software.
- Cost – In most cases, you don’t have to do the tedious job of setting up an email server, for these are usually hosted on the cloud. What it means is that cost has been reduced, but you also want to remember that using a service like this may cost almost $20 per month. Some users have complained about how much they spend each year to maintain their mailboxes.
- Security – Security is a big issue no matter where you look. Since sending and receiving emails are crucial to the survival of your business, you should be concerned about how to go about preventing hackers and spammers from infiltrating your organization.
- Features – You may want to ask about email features like spam filters or integration. You don’t want to waste the precious time your employees devote to doing intensive jobs by having their emails clogged with hundreds of spammy useless emails. On the other end, you don’t want your email filter to work in a way that many legitimate emails end up in the spam folder. And when it comes to integration, you want your email inboxes to work with other services seamlessly.
- Catch-all – This provides an avenue where all emails are coming in can be sent to one primary ID. It is very beneficial when an employee has left the service of your company. When their emails are deleted, any emails sent to the address will still appear on the central ID email. That’s the best way for management to address them.
This company was founded in 2010 and, by 2022, has a revenue of $4.2 million. As of now, there are about 500 employees making sure that this business must keep surviving. The business head office is located in Seattle, USA.
The company provides multiple businesses such as web hosting to people and companies of all kinds. The company offers quality services, and the email aspect of the business is stellar as well. The business solution when it comes to email software is excellent. Add to that the excellent customer support you’ll get when you use the company’s service. Other services that the company is known for include web hosting, cloud hosting, and dedicated server solutions. It is an award-winning hosting and email company that has served clients for a dozen years.
With this email software, you can send and receive emails from your own domain with the ability to make it look professional. The good thing with this service is that it integrates well with Microsoft 365. When purchasing both together, you get a rebate.
The company was created in 1997, and it has been doing well ever since then. In 2022, it will be worth $154 million. There are about 7,000 workers in the various offices of the company. The company offers users the wonderful option of creating emails with their own domain name and also allows you to adjust the amount of space that’s available for the email accounts that you set up. In addition to that, users can also put calendars in their emails and send a copy of the email that arrived into a free public email like the free Gmail or Yahoo. The benefit is that you’re able to see emails going into your corporate email without actual login.
This service is free in its default form, but this Plus service means that one is able his or her Yahoo experience to another level. This premium service, which began in 1997, enables the user to get premium content inside their inboxes. Users enjoy ad-free customization, coupled with multiple security features. The service is also available to newcomers for two weeks free without any obligation on the part of users. If you cancel before the end of the 14 days trial period, cancel before it is complete.
Basically, people with a free account can upgrade at any time. They will enjoy premium features while using the Plus on mobile or desktop devices. The main benefits are:
- All the features you have in Yahoo Mail are also here
- Add-free email account
- Domain blocking helps you declutter your inbox
- You can also have a disposable address if you want
Take note that when you do utilize the disposable email address, you can protect your privacy by using a temporary email in the event that you don’t want to expose your real email address. There are perks when you unlock the Mail Plus. The perks exclusives allow you to enjoy the Yahoo experience, allowing you to pay attention to what is really important. It has a revenue of $51.7 billion, and the company is so large now that it will have up to 8,600 workers in 2022.
Spike started 13 years ago in 2013. The service does well by turning existing emails into multimedia messaging, a chat-like interface that is enhanced with video and voice calls. It was formerly named Hop. Three years ago, it got funding of $5 million, including investment from Wix and NFX Capital. Now, in 2022, the company has less than 20 staff members and revenue of $2.2 million.
Spike is an app as well, so robust that it can be downloaded as an Android and iOS app. Few email address providers out there allow audio and video chat, but this one does. Spike is available for different devices, such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android – it also works well when integrated with Gmail, Outlook, Exchange, iCloud, Yahoo, and IMAP email providers. When you use this service, you can manage multiple emails all at once, customizing each account with a unique color to easily differentiate them. This service is available in 10 languages. Users have the opportunity to combine the power of emailing with collaboration tools, calendars, and more. To get started, ask the staff how to pick up your subscription.
This email provider started in 1996 and has been adding value to the lives of others since then. It was first released by Alt-N Technologies. Just this year, in 2022, it released a stable version for all premium users. It is pretty expensive for users at this time. There’s no record of funding for this company. But the future looks bright for it.
This email server is a dependable and secure one that users can count on. The server is not necessarily expensive per-user expenses. The service is straight forward, user-friendly design that simplifies messaging online and collaborative operations. Users have the capacity to enjoy enterprise-class features that even new users can’t find cumbersome. People love this provider for its ability to support multiple client-side protocols, including IMAP, POP3, SMTP/MSA, webmail, CalDAV, CardDAV, ActiveSync, Outlook, and more.
Enjoy the following features:
- Built-in spam filter
- SSL and TLS encryption
- Client-side and server-side email and attachment encryption
- Public and shared folder support
- Mailing list
- Support for sharing of groupware data such as contacts, tasks, notes, and calendar
This email service is an end-to-end encrypted email service that started in 2013 in Switzerland. Because of the powerful nature of the encryption service, the organization continues to thrive today. The email service provider provides features that competitors covet because they can’t match up with it in any way. When users make use of it, they enjoy full protection as they send and receive messages. It is very hard for hackers to get away in. It is hard for anyone to complain about cyber threats when making use of this service.
The company has a revenue of $4.7 million in 2022. That shows how much it is thriving since it is a free email service that allows users to upgrade to a premium service. Its encryption service is better than that of other popular email services. If you like to use it on a mobile device, that’s okay because there are Android and iOS apps for the email server. This company prides itself as the world’s largest secure email provider, with over 30 million users in about 197 countries.
Access your emails anywhere with the following:
- Free and easy encryption service – all mails exchanged are automatically encrypted by default
- No add-on or plugin is required to use this service
- Use other email solutions such as Outlook, Apple Mail, and Thunderbird making it easy for almost anyone to get started
- Use on a browser or on a mobile phone
Although users pay to use this service, anyone has a chance to make use of it free for a limited time. One thing good about it as well is that it integrates with Microsoft 365 Business Standard. This company which has about 1,000 workers, started doing business in 1996, but there’s no apparent information about its funding. Most of the users onboard love the fact that this service is a cloud-based one. You may enjoy the ability to fine-tune the service so that it adjusts to your work style. If you need to get work done faster, this is the email provider of choice. The inbox offers a lot of good features that you will love once you have started using it.
- With advanced security capabilities, it helps you to protect user information
- Your emails will be up 99.9% of the time
- The interface offers a user the ability to manage corporate emails with ease
- It is easy to maintain
- Access your emails from anywhere
- Guaranteed across devices
Zoho has become a big name in the industry like Gmail and Yahoo. It is an Indian multinational tech company that offers web-based business tools. It began its business endeavor in 1996. Today, the company has a presence in seven locations in the world. It has a revenue of $800 million, and there are more than 5,000 workers in the company.
This service is one of the most dependable out there when it comes to email service apps. Users have a smooth and secure interface that allows users to operate in an easy and fast manner. The professional services it offers are superb.
- Users can keep track of daily tasks with a powerful calendar, tasks, notes, and bookmarks
- Collaborate easy with your team and do it better like a pro
- You can share drafts to get your email reviewed before you send it
- No more hunting for files; organize mails by types, share, upload to the cloud – do more with mail attachments
- Use more features such as advanced search, filters, signatures, and more
This service started in 2004, and it has a revenue of 1.3 billion, much less than that of Yahoo. It has a staff of about 114 thousand plus in 2022. The email service is provided by Google in the basic sense of a free email service. Users enjoy doing the following:
- Send and receive emails
- Prevent spam
- Create an address book
However, the email service offers more in the premium sense. These are part of what makes it popular in 2022. To sign up, you need a Gmail account that can also be used with other Google-provided services such as YouTube. Once you sign in to your Gmail, know as well that you have signed in to your Google account as well. As of 2019, there are about 1.5 billion Gmail users worldwide. Users can make use of it on desktop computers and also on Android and iOS apps.
These are some of the best email service providers in the world. In case you didn’t notice, some of them are inside a web hosting service platform. When choosing a premium service email, one thing I always do that I recommend others to do is to find one with good integration with other email servers. It really helps.