Gone are the days when, if you needed to deposit money to your bank account, the only way was through over the counter. The seamless integration of M-Pesa with banking services has changed the banking industry significantly in Kenya and made it very easier to carry out transactions from the palm of your hand. Today, from the convenience of your home, or whichever place you may be and at anytime, you can easily transfer funds from your Mpesa account to your Ecobank account hassle free at no charge.
How to transfer money from M-Pesa to your Ecobank account
To transfer money from Mpesa to your Ecobank account, follow these steps.
- Go to your Mpesa menu
- Select the ‘Lipa na M-Pesa’ option
- Select ‘Pay Bill’
- Enter Ecobank Business No. 700201
- Enter your Ecobank account number as the Mpesa Account No.
- Enter the total amount you want to deposit
- Enter your Mpesa PIN
- Confirm and then click send
- You will receive an SMS confirmation message from both Mpesa and Ecobank