Here is the process of How to Check Your KPLC Bill Online
KPLC eBill is an electronic service for checking electricity bills from The Kenya Power & Lighting Company. It enables you to manage your electricity account by checking the KPLC balance and statement due to date at any time through SMS or e-mail.
How to Use KPLC eBill Service
The E-bill SMS service enables you to check your electricity account balance and bill due to the time using your mobile phone. The following are easy steps for checking your electricity bill by SMS
How to Check KPLC electricity bill via SMS
This service refers to all Kenyan networks, and It is charged at Ksh 5.
- Open a new SMS message service.
- Enter the message number as 95551
- Enter the first digits of your KPLC account number in the message field. e.g., if your KPLC account number is 562897-01, just enter 562897.
- Wait for an automatic response with your account balance details.
- E-bill e-mail Service
It is important to enter the correct account number details and to follow the process for sending the message to get a positive response.
Also, note that in spite of the initiation of eBill services, your average electricity bill is still being dispatched to your postal address.
How to Check KPLC electricity bill using email Service
The eBill email service allows you to check your electricity account balance, get your electricity statement, and bill due to date via e-mail. You need Internet connectivity to check your KPLC electricity bill inquiry through email successfully.
Steps for checking electricity bills online via email service.
- Log in to your gmail account and compose a new email.
- Enter the first portion of your Account Number in the subject field. For instance, if your account number is 879833-04, enter 879833.
- Send the blank email address message to email@example.com.
- You will get an automatic reply with your kplc account balance details and payment due date.
How to check KPLC Bill Online
This is one of the most secure ways to conduct your Kenya power bill inquiry. Using this way, you will get your KPLC balance online.
You can also check the KPLC bill online by logging in to the Kenya power company online portal, where you can insert the first part of your account number in the box written account name below, then click submit.
It is necessary to key in the correct account number and to follow the method of sending the message to get a positive response.
NOTE: If you insert the full account number and click submit, you will get the message shown in the above image. Enter the first portion of your Account Number only as shown.
Also, note that despite the introduction of the eBill services, your detailed electricity bill will continue to be sent to your postal address.
You should now be able to receive an automatic response with your account balance details if you followed the instruction correctly.
There is similarly a KPLC Android App, which you can download from the Android Playstore or IOs for the above functionality and easily check your KPLC online bill conveniently.
KPLC eBill Statement
To get your KPLC eBill statement online, follow the following steps.
- Use the KPLC account number as the subject line of the email.
- Write a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will then receive an automated email within minutes with your full statement.