In this post, I will show you a simple way to increase your Fuliza limit so you can access a higher overdraft amount from Mpesa.
Fuliza is an NCBA loan bank product offered through Safaricom M-Pesa. The service enables registered M-PESA customers to easily complete their M-PESA transactions when insufficient funds are in their M-PESA account, but they want to withdraw or send money.
To make it simple, Fuliza is an overdraft loan facility for all registered M-Pesa users that enables users to finish paying a product or send money even if they don’t have enough cash.
Let’s dive right into how to increase your Fuliza limit step by step:
How to Increase your Fuliza Limit
Here is a guide on how you can increase your Fuliza limit to a higher fuliza amount:
Step 1: Make sure that you have been using the service for a while and be someone who pays the loan on time. In fact, Safaricom PLC themselves highly recommend that you continue using the Safaricom and M-PESA services regularly and repay Fuliza M-PESA on time by simply topping up your M-PESA account.
Step 2: Opt out and in of the Fuliza M-Pesa. If you don’t know yet, here is how to opt-out of Fuliza by M-Pesa:
- Dial *234# on your phone
- Select the Fuliza option
- Select Opt-out
If you are using the new MySafaricom app, here is how to opt-out of Fuliza:
- Log in to the Safaricom app
- Choose M-Pesa
- Select Fuliza M-Pesa
- Click on Opt-out
Step 3: Activate your Fuliza again by Dialing *234# or through the MySafaricom app. You should now see your new limit if everything goes well.
You might also get a new limit, or they will restore M-Pesa will restore Safaricom will restore your previous limit.
Also, check the M-Pesa Charges in Kenya.
How to fuliza mpesa loan
Here is a quick guide on how to get started with the Safaricom Fuliza Mpesa loan:
- You should be a registered M-Pesa user and have an active Safaricom line.
- Your Safaricom simcard must have been in use for at least the last 6 months.
- When you meet the above Fuliza requirements, simply go to your phone and dial *234#, and select the Fuliza M-Pesa option to opt-in.
- Also, if you have the My Safaricom App, you can use it to get a Fuliza mpesa loan.
- M-Pesa will then automatically allocate a Fuliza limit, so you can’t use more than this given limit.
- To repay the Fuliza loan, all you have to do is a deposit to M-Pesa or receive money from your M-Pesa. Mpesa will deduct the money automatically once it gets to your account.
So every time that you need to pay for something or send money to someone, but your M-Pesa account has a low balance, Fuliza will ask you to use the service to send.
If you have any questions regarding the Fuliza limit, please leave a comment below, and I will answer them.