Do you know of any child who scored 350 marks in the recently announced Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) results?
Is he/she an orphan, needy, or vulnerable child?
If any of these above adjectives describe him/her, then the probabilities are he/she qualifies for the now open equity bank wings to fly scholarship program.
And you know what that means?
Submissions for the 2022 program are currently open, with applications called for from all parts of the nation.
In case you are looking about this program for the very first time, here’s all you need to know: –
Equity Bank Wings to Fly Scholarship 2022
The Equity wings to fly scholarship is a sponsorship program operated by the Equity Bank Foundation and in conjunction with the MasterCard Foundation to help needy children in Education.
The program also targets high achieving yet needy (orphan or vulnerable) students determined by assessing their performance at the nationally administered the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education examinations (KCPE).
Some of the essential things that the program considers in awarding scholarships are as follows: –
- The needing children must be academically Promising – the top 5 percentile performing students in their county in The Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examination.
- Orphans or the Vulnerable Children (as described below);
- Those Children who have lost one or lost both parents or guardians and also have no guardian or a sponsor to provide for their education
- KCPE children whose parents are physically or are mentally disabled and are therefore unable to educate their kids.
- Children whose parents or guardians are living with HIV/AIDS or any other chronic debilitating conditions and are unable to educate their children
- KCPE children from homes affected by natural disasters such as flooding, drought, intense famine, or civil conflict
- and are incapable of educating their children
- Children who have previously suffered neglect and/or abandonment
- KCPE children with guardians living in extreme poverty and are thereforeunable to educate their children
Requirements for the Equity bank wings to fly 2022
- First, Get the equity bank wings to fly scholarship application form from any Equity bank branch near you
- The child must have attained a minimum score of 350 marks and above in KCPE
- Fill out the application form and then return it to Equity bank together with the child’s KCPE result slip and other required documents (copy of a death certificate for deceased parent – evidence of financial support if there’s any in the past)
- The shortlisted students will be invited for an interview which will be conducted by the District Scholarship Selection Board.
What does the equity scholarship cater for?
It will take care of: –
- Full School fees
- And student’s pocket money for the 4 years in secondary
How to Apply for the equity bank wings to fly scholarship online
- Visit the equity bank website to apply via this form –the Wings to Fly Application forms Online
- Fill out the form on the web page to register
- You will receive a confirmation code via email
- Enter the confirmation code
- Proceed with filling in your application details (Academic, Family Information, and Evidence of need)
- Download the recommendation and declaration form. Fill it out, scan and upload it back to the website
Equity Wings to Fly Scholarship contacts
Equity Group Foundation
Equity Center 8th Floor
Hospital Road, Upper Hill
P.O. Box 13241 – 00200
Working hours: 24/7 EAT
- Email: email@example.com
- Official Website: https://equitygroupfoundation.com/wingstofly/
Working hours: 24/7 EAT
Call: – +254 (020) 2744000,