ABSA Bank PLC has been operating in the country for some years now. The financial organization was formerly known as Barclays Bank of Kenya until changing its name to ABSA Bank of Kenya in February 2020.
Kenya’s central Bank fully licenses ABSA bank, and as of 2022, the financial organization has more than 120 branches around the nation. Absa Westend Building, off Waiyaki Way, houses the Bank’s headquarters.
Absa bank is among several organizations in Kenya that use mobile wallets to do business. Safaricom M-Pesa and the New M-Pesa will enable you to Bank and swiftly take money from the Bank through its mobile banking platform. You’re set to go as long as you have Absa Paybill’s number, 303030, and a working Safaricom Number. We’ll show you ways to make the procedure more smooth in this tutorial.
How to send money to your ABSA Account from M-PESA
- Locate the M-Pesa mobile money on your smartphone
- Select Lipa na Mpesa from your Mpesa menu.
- Select the Paybill option.
- 303030 is the business number to use (303030 is ABSA Bank Paybill Number)
- Enter the ABSA Bank account number to place the money in the Account Number field.
- Key in the amount you wish to transfer to ABSA Bank in the box that has appeared on your phone.
- Confirm the transaction by entering your Mpesa pin.
How to send money to your ABSA Account using the New- M-PESA App
This is the easiest method as it does now require you to remember ABSA pay bill number now and then
- Download the New M-Pesa App from your favourite app store(Android or iOS)
- Open the New M-Pesa app and tap on PAY as seen on the top of the application
- Select pay bill on the appeared list
- On the search bank that appears, search Enter ABSA and tap on the returned result
- The app will request your account number, which is your ABSA account number
- Enter the Amount you want to send
- Enter your Pin, and your desired amount will be transferred automatically
- Wait for the M-Pesa confirmation message in your inbox
how to send money from Absa account to M-PESA
- Dial *224#
- Enter PIN and send
- Select the ‘Mpesa/Airtel Money’ option 2 from the list
- Select Mobile Money Operator for sending money to “MPESA or Airtel Money.”
- Select wallet to transfer funds to “To own number or another number.”
- Select option 3: New Beneficiary
- Select the Mobile Money Operator
- Input beneficiary mobile number
- Enter a beneficiary nickname
- Press 1 to confirm